Mrs Chitra Sundar
This homemade chocolate cashew butter is a good alternative to the chocolate spread available in the stores. The good quality fresh cashew and cocoa is the key to a smooth and tasty butter.
The below quantity would yield about 1 1/2 cups of butter
2 cups – raw cashew nuts
3 tablespoons – cocoa Powder (add according to taste)
3 tablespoons – extra virgin coconut oil
3-4 tablespoons – sugar (add according to taste)
1. In a food processor, grind the cashew nuts to a powder.
2. Add in the rest of the ingredients and grind to a smooth paste.
3. As the food processor gets over heat, stop periodically and scrape the sides.
4. Transfer to a dry container and keep it refrigerated
• The butter can be stored up to a month in the fridge.
• This can be enjoyed in many ways.
1. It can be used as a bread spread
2. To top your favourite ice cream, blend this with a bowl of oatmeal
3. Also it can be added with fruit slices.
For more recipes, please visit: http://chitra-frommykitchen.blogspot.sg/